Webinar series comprising the 9th ITA-IEL-ICC Joint Conference on International Energy Arbitration
A Virtual Conference; January 20-22, 2021.
Abbreviated information below.
For full information, please visit the dedicated event website, linked to below.
Presented by the:
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration
- Institute for Energy Law of the Center for American and International Law
- ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Andrew Behrman, Baker Botts, New York;
- Marcela Berdion-Straub, Lead Counsel, Litigation, TOTAL American Services, Inc., Houston; and
- Maria Chedid, Arnold & Porter, San Francisco
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2021
- Keynote: How a Biden Administration will Impact the Energy Markets; and
- Energy Disputes: Update from the Arbitrators.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 21, 2021
- Year in Review - The Magnificent Seven: this presentation will consider both investor-state and contractual disputes in the energy sector;
- Challenges and Experience of Black Practitioners in International Energy Arbitration;
- Year in Review: the Energy Industry in Transition;
- In-House Perspectives: the Energy Industry in Transition; and
- ITA-IEL-ICC Energy Arbitration Forum.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2021
- Young lawyers roundtable and online reception; and
- Debate on Energy Charter Treaty modernisation.
SPONSORS: Co-Sponsored by the:
- Houston International Arbitration Club;
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Center for Energy, Law, and Business at University of Texas at Austin; and
- Extractives Hub project, CEPMLP.
Premier Conference Sponsors:
- Arnold & Porter; and
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.
Welcome Reception Sponsors:
- King & Spalding LLP;
- Vinson & Elkins LLP; and
- White & Case LLP.
Young Lawyers Roundtable:
- Baker Botts LLP; and
- Holland & Knight.
Conference Materials Sponsors:
For full details, and to register, visit the website dedicated to this event, HERE.